Wonderful SCPS Community!
Just like that it’s the last week of term 2 and we are officially halfway through the year! Hoping that everyone has a lovely school holiday whether or not they manage to get away.
END OF TERM UPDATES
A couple of last minute additions to the end of term events:
Mufti Day is on the 24 June, led by the Student Representative Council in aid of the Sydney Children’s Hospital. Please bring a gold coin donation and dress up in your favourite Sports Team colours.
Colour Run prizes will also be distributed this week to classes on Thursday or Friday.
Unfortunately, the mid year Instrumental Music Concert scheduled for Thursday night has had to be postponed due to the current covid cases in the Eastern Suburbs. It is likely to be moved to the 29 July, however this is still TBC so stand by for more information.
TERM 3 DATES FOR THE DIARY
Term 3 is shaping up to be a busy one, here are some dates to add to your diary (covid permitting of course!)
- RETURN TO SCHOOL – Tuesday 13th July (Monday is a pupil free day) 🏫 👩🎓
- MUFTI DAY – Wednesday 14th July. This is part of the NAIDOC week activities so please dress in the colours of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags ❤️🧡🖤💙🤍💚
- 100 DAYS OF KINDY – 16 July. Kindy ONLY to wear brightly coloured mufti. Kindy parents welcome from 2.15pm.
- NEXT P&C MEETING – Wednesday 28th July. At library and zoom, please come along if you can as its nice to get as many people at the school as possible
- POSSIBLE INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC CONCERT – Thursday 29th July – TBC 🎼
- YEAR 6 TRIVIA NIGHT FUNDRAISER 💡 – Saturday 7th August. Tickets selling fast via
- FATHERS DAY BREAKFAST 🥓 – Friday 3rd September
- SCHOOL CAMPS ⛺️ – Monday 30th August to 1st September (Year 3-4) Wednesday 15th September to Friday 17th September (Year 5-6)
- SILVER COIN CHALLENGE – Dates TBC
A massive thanks and congratulations to Ari and the Grants Team for being successful in EVERY application so far this year!! Whoop whoop! Their hard work means that we now have funds to start work on some of our wish list projects this year including an amazing sensory path and kitchen garden project.
FIESTA 2021 – SATURDAY 13th NOVEMBER
Calling all local businesses! SCPS Fiesta Sponsorship opportunities are now open. Become a major sponsor and enjoy all the benefits of supporting our school and getting your business name out there! Bronze Sponsors are also most welcome with prizes, vouchers and product donations. If you, or any of your contacts, would be interested please message us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks for your support!
Stalls are almost all locked in now for all classes, please ensure you are following our socials for all of the latest info!
ETHICS CALL OUT
Each week our committed ethics teachers deliver lessons to 88 students across Kindy, Years 1, 3 and 5 at South Coogee Public School. Kindy have been discussing questions, puzzlement and what is okay. Year 3 have been discussing being greedy and Year 5 voting and punishment.
Ethics is a great opportunity for children in the junior years to develop core skills such as listening to others, taking turns to speak and giving reasons to support their ideas. Children in the senior years develop their critical thinking and discussion-based skills.
We are in desperate need for more volunteer ethics teachers! We still have around 100 children on the waitlist. Volunteering as an ethics teacher is a great opportunity to become involved in the school community in an interesting and unique way, while also giving you the chance to develop new skills that are useful in work and home life.
You do not need to have previous teaching experience. Primary Ethics provides the lesson content and full, free training. Classes run every Thursday during term, 2-2:30pm for K-2 and 2:30-3pm for 3-6.
Until next time,